Celebrate Awkward Moments Day: you are not alone!
Happy Awkward Moments Day! 18th March is the official day in the year where you can be let off for doing something silly. In fact, it’s a great comfort to me that there are other people in the world who are just as ridiculous as I am, and for that I intend to celebrate.
According to recent online surveys, waving to a stranger who is not the person you thought they were is officially the most common embarrassing moment, shared by 65% of people surveyed. I can sympathise with this, but this actually fails to embarrass me any more as I do it so often. (It’s best just to carry on waving and either make that person’s day or scare them away!)
Unfortunately I’ve got bigger, more awkward fish to fry. So far this month I have suffered from the following awkward moments:
* Accidentally putting kisses on an email to my accountant
* Bending over during a freak gust of wind (sadly it was less of a Marilyn Monroe moment and more of a Mrs Merton moment)
* Parking on top of somebody’s wellies (well they shouldn’t be taking up 2 car parking spaces to get dressed, in my opinion)
* Criticising the canteen’s content with the boss in earshot
* Accidentally playing footsie with a stranger in a restaurant
* Realising too late that my toddler had chased a pigeon into a recruitment agency
I would, in truth, rather forget these embarrassing encounters. But, as it’s 18th March, I am feeling festive and thought I’d share them to hopefully make you feel better about yourself – or, at least, to let a fellow ‘awkward momenter’ know that they are not alone!
Do you agree with the 65% of people surveyed, who have waved at the wrong person? What has been your most awkward moment recently? Let us know by joining the #AwkwardMoments discussion on our Facebook page!
At Opinion Outpost we love hearing what you’ve got to say! Earn money for sharing your opinions in paid online surveys by signing up or logging in today.